December 5, 2007

Credit Card Applications

I'm really tired of getting credit card applications. I mean, on the one hand it's reassuring because I don't think I'd get 2 a day if I didn't have a halfway decent credit rating, but this is ridiculous. Especially Chase. I've got almost 2 dozen Chase applications stacked up at my desk.

I think I'm going to rip them into strips, make a papier mache dinosaur out of it, and mail it to the address listed on the applications with a note saying, "Please don't give me anymore ammunition, or else I'll create something bigger next time."

Or maybe I'll fashion them into one of those African fertility god statues...

2 comments:

ethylydia said...

I receive a few crafty newsletters via email and some crafty people provided some crafty suggestions on how to get back at credit card companies. When they mail out the applications they provide a prepaid envelope for you to mail in all your info, etc. Take the application, and other contents of the original envelope like the ads and extra offers (Don't forget to remove your personal info) and shred it, place this into the provided envelope and mail it back to them. It's free, they can't trace it to you and you can laugh quietly to yourself about it later.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have a few applications too and so far I got my credit card just last week. I used an online credit card online facility to avail of the program though. Why don't you try it?

Credit Card Processing