December 3, 2007

Teaching English In Japan

I have a strong desire to teach English in Japan, but I don't know how much I would like the job. I've gone to websites for companies like AEONet and Nova, but I'm pretty sure they're leaving something out of the picture. I've also visited certain websites, such as this one, that talk about how these big companies trick you and you end up regretting the decision to teach in Japan.

Does anyone out there have any prior experience teaching English in Japan? Or, for that matter, does anyone know of other jobs that are available to foreigners?

I'm (hopefully) going to be visiting Japan next year. I won't be looking for a job. I just want to see the country and meet some interesting people. Anyone got any tips for visiting Japan?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please go teach English in Japan. I met someone who did and they said it was the best thing they ever did. The Japanese are so placid that subway cars are totally silent. The students soak up info like a sponge. I would do it if I wasn't engaged. My fiance doesn't want me to leave for that long. It would be so rewarding and I would be sooo jealous. ttyl! (annie)